Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dear Snape,


As I prepare to read the final Harry Potter book, I realize that it will be my final chance to tell you how I really feel about you. Which is that I really, really, really love you.

I know you've done some bad things. I know your hair is greasy and and you have a hook nose, and in the book, the pictures of you depict you with a creepy pointed beard and mustache combo, which I am not generally accepting of. But I can't help it. I believe you to be, by far, the most interesting character in the whole series. Including Harry Potter himself.

That's right, America. Harry Potter is lame in comparison to Snape. I don't apologize for my feelings.

Anyway, Snape. What I'm really writing to tell you is that I will be super, super pissed if you turn out to be evil. Don't be evil, Snape! I command you! Be good, and fall in love with Petunia, the sister of your first love. Because that would be so awesome if you were Harry's step uncle. I don't know how we'll deal with the Vernon situation. But you've dealt with so much worse!

[Please note: I do not believe Snape will end up with Petunia, because I am not retarded. But wouldn't it be swell?]

Anyway again, Snape. Sorry for all the interjections. I still feel the need to explain my love for you to those less inclined to accept your sour hatred and intermittent killing sprees.

So, that having been said, do not be evil. Please?

Stay awesome,
Kim

PS: Okay, so maybe Harry's not lame. But I still think you're cooler. Also, please tell Alan Rickman that I want to be his girlfriend. Okay?

5 pipers piping:

ashley said...

Kim, I am soooo glad you took the opportunity to tell Snape how you feel. You should also mention that his worst memory? Your favorite!

And while I do not love Snape as you do, if he turns out to be evil, I will be so pissed. The only thing worse could be for Voldemort to end up with the giant squid.

ashley said...

P.S. On a totally unrelated note, I love your twitter comment right now.

Frisby said...

About a week after the title for this book was announced, I put my name on the waiting list at the local library. I was already eight hundred sixty, or so.

Since I couldn't recall the precise number (because big, exact numbers like that are humorous), I went to the library's site to double-check: I'm now number ninety-one. I guess lots of people changed their minds?

But! The Columbus Library system now owns (or has on order, I suppose) 680 copies, so maybe only two hundred people changed their minds?

Anyway, I have to avoid the Internet until I've read it. Last time, people were randomly posting spoilers online. (And I do mean random. Right in the middle of a rant about Iraq, there'd suddenly be "blah blah Dumbledore.")

Megs said...

Kim, since you have gone on record, I would like to say at this last moment that I think Snape is a bad, bad man.

I *hope*, seriously, that you are right. I've always hoped it. But I don't believe it in my heart.

mendacious said...

harry is totally lame. let's be honest. and if i could chose i'd want snape to live bcs he's an interesting firey character that we can't figure out... that and he's sorta hot. evil or no ; )