Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dancing With the Pundits

Ben is an election junkie, and, having decided that finding out if the democrats will seize control is more important than the Cavs game, I am now stuck watching the talking heads on CNN. Which is when I noticed something of great interest-- in the background, behind the Heads' heads, is a big screen with four smaller screens in it, and the one on the lower left is playing-- I shit you not-- Dancing With the Stars. I know this, because as we were flipping to a local channel to see how our issues were fairing (note: local channels DO NOT CARE AT ALL how the issues are fairing, it turns out) I saw Mario Lopez dancing with his shiny hoochie woman, and when we flipped back to CNN, I saw Mario Lopez again, this time with his arm around the shiny hoochie.

This is why America is the greatest country on earth.

3 pipers piping:

ashley said...

They're basing all their political predictions on who's winning Dancing with the Stars. If Mario takes it, they're pretty sure the Dems will be back in control.

Kurt said...

I liked the reminder CNN kept showing that said 51% is a majority. Thanks, CNN.

Matt said...

I liked the results that showed 0 percent of precincts reporting, yet had percentage breakdowns in the races, for instance Strickland 60, Blackwell 37. They must be employing psychics who can foresee what the precincts will report (actually I'm pretty sure they are exit poll numbers, but still, it's kind of ridiculous.)

FYI - Anyone who starred on Saved By the Bell deserves to win a televised dancing competition. Even Screech.