Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hey, um, never mind

We ended up walking away from the house-- I think it was when they threatened to just put it up for auction even though we had a contract signed that really did me in. All in all, this all went quite possibly as badly as it could possibly have gone, short of the ghoulish corpses of Indian burial ground zombies rising from the earth, coated in shit from the bad septic system, to ensnare us and drag us back into their hellish abode.

Anyway. I'll tell you more about it when my eyes aren't so puffy, or my contacts seared to my eyelids. In the meantime, if you know of any houses for sale in the area with no fucking septic system, please call me. We're interested.

7 pipers piping:

Matt said...

Don't get too distressed. This is pretty typical of house hunting. We put in bids on four houses (all very good bids and all very nice houses) before one was accepted, and then we had to fight with the owner to pay for the shitty deck that was not attached to the house properly (he gave us $500 for it. I have not spent close to $700 fixing it).

You may think you won't find a another house that you like as much, but you will. There's a shitload available right now.

Matt said...

I meant I have NOW spent close to $700 fixing our shitty deck. Which is NOW starting to look like a nice deck.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Matt. There are plenty of houses and opportunities out there. You are house hunting at the perfect time -- you will get what you want.

I'm putting a deck on the back of our house in the next few weeks. I hope the people who own our house next won't think it is a shitty deck! :)

Anonymous said...

It happened to me too! I think it's a requirement or something - you have to have your heart crushed by a house at least once. After that you're golden...well unless your Matt :-)

Hang in there and just be thankful that you had the inspection and you were able to back out. You'll find an even better house guaranteed.

Matt said...

I should clarify...

The deck itself wasn't that shitty. In fact, it was built like a brick shit house.

The problem was that it was attached to the house with exactly 12 nails, not exactly the most sound engineering.

Now I just have to get it finished by Saturday, which is Emery's fourth birthday party. Don't tell the wife, but it's not happening.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Kim. It's true that you often don't get the first one. I imagine septic tanks are pretty common out that way and I doubt I know anybody who can afford Gates Mills (even tangentially). On the upside, my folks have had septic tanks my whole life and, to the best of my knowledge, they've only had to have it pumped once. So, don't be discouraged, they're not all bad.

Matt said...

Kim,
Megan gave me the update on what's been taking place over the past couple of weeks. I don't want to give anything away on your blog, but I hope everything works out!
Your Swing State pal,
Matt