Sunday, June 08, 2008

Psych!


In an effort to thoroughly confuse everyone we know, we are currently in negotiations to buy that same house again. Yes, the exact same one. Because we are lazy, and looking for other houses is just too hard.

(Note: not really. Really, it's because I was so mad that we didn't get that house the first time that I had several satisfying dreams about burning it down, just so no one else could have it. So if dreams of arson aren't enough proof as to how bad I wanted that house, then you know what? I don't know what would be.)

This time around, negotiations seem to be going a lot more smoothly-- thus far, no one has threatened to auction the house off, and the new bank that we're working with actually returns our phone calls, which is an exceptional service that I feel more banks should provide.

I realize that I'm probably jinxing the entire thing by telling all of you about it-- I mean, I don't want to cast blame on any of you, but all I know is, I told you about the house, and then it fell through. So don't blow it for me this time, okay?

2 pipers piping:

penelope said...

All right! Consider my fingers re-crossed! Seriously, good luck. It's all a learning process, and can be incredibly stressful. But it sounds like you liked the house enough to keep going for it, so I hope it all works out. Hells yeah, here's to home ownership!

mendacious said...

well if i say it in french i bet it has more meaning "bon chance!"