Friday, July 13, 2007

Shaby's back/tell a friend

Hiatus over. Was I missed? I suspect the answer is "You were gone?"

It was a much needed break, as I was beginning to-- and I am not making this up-- develop hives regarding my wedding status. But much has been accomplished, both wedding-wise and un-wedding-wise in the past ten days.

Wedding-wise:

*Bought wedding bands
*Bought sassy new wedding shoes
*Picked readings (one by David Sedaris!) and readers, and vows and other ceremony jargon
*Chose, ordered and approved invitations
*Tentatively chose favors (which are shockingly uncool, but still very cute, and their having been chosen immediately eliminated all signs of hives and irregular stomach issues)
*Fired DJ and hired Rocco
*Worked on registry (An issue: how many more things could we possibly need? This is why there is now a memory foam leg-separating pillow on my registry.)

Un-wedding-wise:

*Rediscovered fervent passion for shandies-- half light beer, half lemonade, all delicious
*Watched copious amounts of TiVo, including old favorite "Home Movies" on Adult Swim
*Read half of "The Little Friend" by Donna Tartt before mysteriously stopping
*Got weak little tan at beach
*Listened to the song "Dance Tonight" off Paul McCartney's new album 800 times

Now that the wedding stuff is a little more under control (until the invitations arrive, I guess, and I have to face the agony of either doing the correct thing of hand addressing 125 envelopes or printing snazzy labels instead), I intend to proceed through life with more of a Don't Worry, Be Happy, Bobby McFerrin-esque attitude. I also intend to e-mail the people I have been ignoring for the last three months, and possibly fall into a Harry Potter based coma. All in all, a nice, relaxing hiatus.

But I'm back, bitches. So be warned.

1 pipers piping:

steph said...

i'm glad you're back. and how awesome a david sedaris reading! how very cool!