Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Post Traumatic Potter Sydrome

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you're anything like me, you're still reeling from LOP-- Life After Potter. I personally find myself going to bed early under the pretense of finally getting some sleep (between wedding, Potter and work, I've been averaging 5 hours a night), only to stay up until one a.m. rereading the crucial parts (and purposefully skipping over the two hundred page section in which they do absolutely nothing except camp, which I can experience just by staring at Jellystone Park for a few hours). Also, romantically enough, right this very minute Ben is sitting in the living room, listening to disc 9 of the book on CD.

For those of us unwilling to let the whole thing pass unanalyzed, I suggest heading to Post Potter: After the Deathly Hallows, a support group of sorts created by that Head Girl of Potterdom, Ashley. It is wracked with spoilers, so if you haven't finished reading, or haven't started (riiiiight), do not go there. But if you have, and you want to discuss, there's your chance.

In the meantime, I must retire to (pretend to sleep and) reread The Prince's Tale a couple more times. Alas, poor Snapey. I knew him well.

3 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

You can also read more "where are they now" in this interview with JKR: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

Paul said...

Hi Ms. Kim,

I miss you. Check out my blog if you haven't already. http://thegothamfrugal.blogspot.com. I can't read your blog right now because I'm using my Harry Potter blinders at the moment, trying to avoid spoilers at all costs. Once I'm finished with the book my eyes are yours.

Love,
Paul G

Cue said...

I know, I can't believe it's over. I've been a mess.