Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Sorry I've been away for so long-- I've been out of town visiting Ben's family, and then heading to Cincinnati to spend New Years Eve with some friends.

Oh. And GETTING ENGAGED!

(Oh, God. I'm such a girl.)

Ben proposed to me on Christmas, after all the presents were opened-- he reached into the tree and pulled out one more, noticeably ring-box-shaped box, which was addressed "To Ben, from Santa."

"Should I open it?" he said.

Come on, man! Open it!

Which of course he did, and there was a ring in it, and he got down on one knee and proposed and I said yes and then cried my face off and ran around screaming for about half an hour, when I finally calmed down enough for him to point out that he hadn't actually even put the ring on me yet. I called my mom and screamed at her about it for awhile, made a few more calls, and finally passed out around two in the morning.

Here, for my own greedy edification, is a picture of the cry-and-scream-inducing ring:

So, that having been said, I had just about the single greatest Christmas of all time. And as if that weren't enough, I got TiVo, too! You're so jealous. Mostly of the TiVo. I can tell.

Anyway, consider this blog post to be the end of my weeklong blog absence (blogsence?). And I hereby make a solemn vow not to talk about my wedding plans on my blog. Too much. Very much.

Seriously.

13 pipers piping:

hat said...

OK, now that I've sufficiently recovered from the temporary blindness caused by the huge rock on your finger, I can say... Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS A HOT FREAKIN RING! Nice Job Ben! Woo woo!

Frisby said...

Congratulations, Kim! I'm not good at mushy stuff, so I'm not sure what else to say. I'm very happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kim!

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim Shable!! (You have to keep the Shable) You deserve nothing less than all the love and laughing Ben can give you..........and do please regale us with wedding plans and frippery! Inquiring minds want to know. :) hopefully I'll see you in NC some time again......jessica

daisy said...

TiVo?!! YOU GOT TiVo?!!!! Jesus... That really IS the best Christmas ever.

daisy said...

(Just kidding... CONGRATULATIONS! I look forward to many blog posts about different types of engraving and cake choices. Seriously.)

p.s. Sweet ring!

ashley said...

Congratulations, Kim Shable! You're getting MARRIED! And you got some nice bling, too. ;)

Megs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Dude, that is a huge piece of compressed carbon you've got there.

And I couldn't possibly be happier for you.

Love!

B said...

good gravy! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Matt said...

Congratulations. Who knew Santa had such good taste in rings?

mendacious said...

YES!! congratulations. the ring IS GORGEOUS_ and i am noting your manicured finger. lovely... lovely lovely. jealous on all counts.

Cue said...

I'm late to this bandwagon, but HOLY SHIT!!! Congratulations. That's hugely exciting, and I am very happy for you. :)