Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas to all...

Since I'm going out of town for awhile after Christmas to visit Ben's family, I wanted to swing by and wish you all an early Merry Christmas! Most of you know that I'm not the most religious person in the world, but Christmas has always been by far my favorite holiday. When I was little, of course it was for the presents-- it was for the presents probably for much longer than it should have been. But as a teenager, I started flagging in my Christmas spirit-- it wasn't as easy to wake up on Christmas morning, where only a few years before, I had been up since four, eagerly awaiting my chance to go downstairs and see what Santa had brought.

Only in the last few years have I learned how much more fun it could be to be Santa, instead of just waiting for him-- and this year, I have tried to be Santa to the T. Decorated house? Check. Christmas cards actually mailed out, not just bought and stored in an empty space in the linen closet? Check. Sugar and spice pecans, oatmeal cookies, and copious amounts of Chex Mix prepared-- and meant to be shared with others, and not simply gorged on in my darkened living room while watching Clue? Check. And thoughtful presents for all? While not enough to compensate for the years of presents my parents have so thoughtfully purchased for me before I finally caught on about this whole giving v. receiving situation, check.

I hope for myself, and for all of us, that this Christmas, we wake up feeling like we did when we were six years old. I wish you all the happiest of Christmases.


PS: Crunchy is very mad that I wrote such a mushy Christmas post, and wants to remind you all that Christmas spirit is for jerkwads.

6 pipers piping:

ashley said...

Oh, Crunchy, I love you.

Merry Christmas to you, Kim! May your day be as happy as the moment Hermy finds out he can be a dentist! :)

Megs said...

Merry Christmas, Kim!

mendacious said...

merry xmas to you too! and mr crunchy is totally right- as my nutcrackers will also attest. such attitude.

but hello- clue for the 100th time in dark is still as awesome as the first time.

k!

penelope said...

Merry Christmas!!!

I heart you, Crunchy.

Frisby said...

Crunchy is part of a Communist plot.

hat said...

Perhaps Mr.C. has been naughty all year and thus received fewer presents than Christmas past, which is why he is so uptight...?