Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2006: Angel or Demon?

Before I begin my annual year-in-review, I must share with you my make-your-own-South Park lady, as I was challenged to do by my Peruvian Girlfriend. I think she's pretty badass-- check her wicked cape:



Now, for the big review!

Up until about ten days ago, I was getting ready to give 2006 a relatively bad grade, although now for the life of me I can't figure out why. I do have a bias against even numbered years (2002, anyone?), so that might have had a lot to do with it, along with
  • the thousands of dollars spent to cure my wee box problem
  • the near-burglary of my home
  • the continuation of my now two-year non-essay-writing streak
  • the lack of visiting with my good friend Alan

But really, on the whole, 2006 was quite rad, offering such highlights as

  • getting engaged to the man of my dreams (move over, George Clooney!)
  • having three columns published in the Columbus Dispatch
  • making not one but two trips to Wilmington
  • the pregancy of my best friend Megan and my friends Deidre and Diane, along with Daren's wife Cassie and Ashley's sister-in-law, and probably at least three more people I forgot (I like babies. So sue me.)
  • the marriages of my cousin Jennifer and my friends Karin and Dan (along with several others which I unfortunately could not attend)
  • my first real vacation with Ben

And, to top it all off, I finally learned the real solution to my wee box problem, which was not, as previously suggested by The Worst Urologist Ever, "wiping too hard." However, I am reluctant to share it with you all, mainly because I happen to know that at least three guys from my high school class read my blog, two of whom I have known since we were little, and I totally think they do not want to know about it. But if they do, I'll totally tell you, because it's really about the single most hilarious thing that could possibly be wrong with you.

So, overall, I have to give 2006 an A+++ (there would be at least two more pluses due to the whole "I got engaged situation, but I felt the wee box had to negate at least one of them).

My resolutions for 2007? I generally don't make them anymore, because I used to be one of those people that would make impossible to reach goals and then bum severely when I did not meet them, but I think this year a few are in order:

1. Lose 10 more pounds, in order to be hot hot skinny bride

2. Immediately regain 10 pounds after wedding by eating nothing but sloppy joes and astronaut ice cream

3. Go to dermatologist to make preventative measures against future returns of the Evil Zit

4. Buy vitamins and actually take them every day, not just when I "feel" iron-deficient

5. Blog more and comment more

6. Write an actual essay

7. Get at least two more columns in the Dispatch, or maybe even the Plain Dealer

8. Kick ass in all life arenas

6 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

I never said 'Congrats' on your last post, so I'll add it here.

Congrats!




Oh yeah- if it's a good story, feel free to reveal all about your wee box. No issues here.

Matt said...

Of course, one reason to look forward to 2007: Harry Potter. Barnes & Noble has a release date of July 7.

ashley said...

Really, Matt?? That would mean that I would spend my 28th birthday in delicious, delicious anticipation of the midnight arrival of HP&TDH. Best. Birthday. Present. Ever.

P.S. Kim, how does "iron deficient" feel?

Megs said...

Ok, I really need to know the cause of this wee box situation. could you email me or something? Thanks.

Kurt said...

Is it cranberry juice? Or is it that OTC treatment they have in England?

Anonymous said...

Please tell us the wee box story! And also, for those who are interested, I just read that Kimi had her baby boy today - 8 lbs. 12 oz.

Children are heavy.
I think I might adopt.

jessica