Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Laotian Devotion



Can I just be the first to say, what the fuck? Why did I dream about Laotians trying to kill me the night before two Laotians won the Mega Millions Lottery? That's them, pictured. It behooves me to mention that they do not look like the Laotians that were attempting to kill me (although I am impressed by my subconscious' ability to generate people who apparently did look rather Laotian).

So, this indicates that a couple of things could be happening:

1. I am able, through dreams, to predict the winner of the Mega Millions lottery (or at least, the ethnicity of said winners)

2. I was actually supposed to have won the Mega Millions lottery, but because I chose, foolishly, not to buy a ticket, my winning numbers went to this couple, who contacted me through my dream just to rub it in

3. None of this is real at all, and I'm just in some sort of Lost-esque purgatory world

At any rate, it's all very bizarre. Here's hoping that these Laotians have the best of luck with their lottery winnings, and do not attempt to subdue me with a syringe to the neck.

4 pipers piping:

penelope said...

I'm sorry you didn't win the lottery. But if you ever do, may I recommend Penelope's Astronomical Student Loans Fund as an excellent charity?

P.S. You definitely have been watching way too much Lost.

Kurt said...

You would think that, with all their money, they would have better things to do than try to kill you. It's true, then: money doesn't buy happiness.

Anonymous said...

Oh My God. With these lottery winnings at their disposal, the Laotians will have millions to spend on their quest to stab you with needles and push you off the roof. Which must be the first step in some master plan to take over the world! You think they might be Opus Dei?

Anonymous said...

becca said:
I dreamt I flew on an airplane to Oregon the day before someone called me up and told me they could give me a free round-trip ticket to Portland.

Sometimes I think maybe people are more than what they seem... And then, of course, there's the other disappointing 99% of the time.