Friday, October 20, 2006

A Brand New Record For 1990

(By the way, this was a post I started on Friday, and clicked "save as draft" on, and the promptly forgot about. I didn't find it heinously boring, so here it is now, for your amusement!)




I was feeling sort of down today at work, so I decided to listen to Flood, by They Might Be Giants. While I wouldn't say I am a big TMBG fan-- I've tried, and failed, to enjoy many of their albums over the years-- but there is something about this one that I love love love.

But as I listened to it today, I reached an ugly conclusion-- this CD came out sixteen years ago. Which means someone who was born the day it came out could, in all likelihood, drive now. "Birdhouse In Your Soul" is to them as the Knack's "My Sharona" is to me.

As Flavor Flav would say, wowwwwww.

4 pipers piping:

ashley said...

Today at work, I was flipping through the channels, and I saw a young Ryan Phillipe. "I know that movie," said the youngest in the office. "It's about some club. Like Club 87 or something."

"Studio 54?" I said.

"Yeah, that's it."

God, we old.

ashley said...

That was supposed to say "We ARE old." but apparently, in my infirmity, I have forgotten verbs.

Megs said...

TMBG Flood is the best album ever. Seriously, it is. Do not doubt my wisdom.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a funny story...Brian, my potential lover/co-worker came up to me a few months ago and was like, "Hey, I just heard this really cool new song on the radio." I was like, "oh yeah? How does it go." He sings, "It's all been done, woo hoo hoo, it's all been done." At first I thought he was kidding, but he was completely serious. I said, "Brian, I hate to tell you this, but that song is probably close to 10 years old." He seemed a little crestfallen, but was grateful for the information. What is it about clueless men that is so dang cute? Ah well, just had to share. Talk to ya later.
Love, Heidi