Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yarrrrr!

Here, Marita and I pretend to be pirates, with the aid of some cardboard cutouts from the side of a McDonald's Happy Meal box. I feel that Marita makes a much more convincing and menacing pirate; my pirate looks sort of smiley and constipated, all at once.


It should be noted that Diane was also present, but chose not to participate in the piratification of our lunch hour, possibly because she was not too hot on the idea of putting the nose ring in after two people had already worn it. In hindsight, this was perhaps a good idea. But I prefer to live my life on the edge, like a true pirate. Also, Marita and I very much enjoy going to Long John Silver's, so this is all starting to make sense now...

7 pipers piping:

Karima said...

You mean two people because you are not counting all of the people in the plastic nose ring factory that tried it on before they packaged it up, right?

Anonymous said...

I like that IF for some reason anyone were to try to find me on the internet and see what I was up to, and they happened upon YOUR blog, they might only find this photo of me making a weird face wearing cardboard pirate gear. I heart Kim Shable.

Kurt said...

What's Diane's problem?

Kim said...

Seriously, you wouldn't have wanted to put the nose ring in after Marita and I wore it, either. I fully respect her decision.

Not that we don't have clean noses. But seriously, after being in two noses, a cardboard nose ring becomes... untidy.

Matt said...

Jack Sparrow has nothing on you two.

mendacious said...

i also think diane has a problem.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you were daring enough to put these pictures on the internet. I'm pretty sure that someone will stumble upon these and offer you a part in the third Pirates of the Carribean movie. Also, I think Marita's shirt is kind of pirate-y. In a new age, pirates hitting the runway kind of way. I dig it.