Thursday, July 13, 2006

Honk honk!


As I am not normally one to toot my own horn-- in actuality, I spend more time thoroughly discussing every tiny thing I have ever failed horribly at in my entire life, from myspace to Letters of Feeling-- I feel that I have thoroughly earned the right to tell you that I had a column published today in the Columbus Dispatch, a real-live newspaper with many, many readers!

As you can imagine, I have done many a happy dance today.

I know many of you received this news via mass e-mail last evening (sorry about that), but for those I regretfully missed, you can read the story online here. No word yet on whether my dad is upset about being outed as a Safety Man.

Hopefully, this will lead to more to come, and Dave Barry here will be asking for my autograph, just like I did to him when I was in the eighth grade and sporting a big puffy afro and a men's XXL t-shirt (I had big style then, boy).

5 pipers piping:

Kurt said...

Mama's Family: Complete First Season releases September 26, 2006!

Anonymous said...

The Lattice of Coincidence strikes again! A door-to-door salesman just stopped by touting the benefits of a subscription to The Columbus Dispatch. Despite turning down his offer, he gave me a free copy of today's issue. I have you in print!

Karima said...

Thank you for pointing out the dangers of Santa and picture frames, most of all.

Anonymous said...

I already have your autograph. And I'm making plans to sell it on ebay at this very moment to the highest bidder.

penelope said...

We would have hung out in junior high, I'm sure of it.

You rule.