Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Big copycat seeks friends

So, partially inspired by Pen's success on myspace (see her exploits here) and Meg's debate about it (here), partially because I heard the word mentioned at least 35 times yesterday as both a proper noun and a verb ("I was myspacing, and I ran across an old ex who now skins puppies and eats their brains"), and partially because I simply cannot be left out of any major trend that will likely make it into a future social studies book (albeit in one of those side bars: "The Aughts-- What Young People Did For Fun!"), I decided to take a second look at my myspace page and spruce it up a little. Mainly because all it was before was a stick figure and a random collection of unsorted friends. And while I enjoyed being portrayed as a stick figure (check out those narrow hips and thighs!), I thought I should at least put up a picture.

But I am not having the myspace success of others. For instance, why does everyone else get a top eight, and I appear to only have a top four? I am very popular! Very! I need others to see this!

Also, there was a scary period last night in which, no matter what I did, I could not get my profile picture to come up. I acted rationally, following all instructions (myspace runs very much like an old Commodore 64 program, don't you think?), finally resorting to voodoo, only learning that the picture had, in fact, been posted hours later, upon receiving a "comment," which is a scary, ominous note that appears in your e-mail.

So anyway, I am now more suitably presented on myspace, and ready to find friends (although Alan, didn't I ask you to be my friend like seven years ago on there, and you never got back to me? Is this because I suck?). So for the love of God, friend me! I am too confused and stupid to find you myself-- I've been trying, but keep getting a weird TECHNICAL ERROR! message that makes me feel scared and ashamed of myself, as if typing in a person's name in the search function is the totally worst way you can possibly go about finding them.

By the way, I'm still sorry about the lack of frequent postings. Hopefully something hilarious will happen soon (I saw those blasphemous pierogies again at the grocery store!). In the meantime, I should share that I found the greatest thing to cut out and modge-podge onto my as-yet-non-existent journal cover, so that project is well underway.

2 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Because MySpace's search function is craptastic, my public service for today is to save everyone else the trouble of hunting and link to Kim's profile.

Karima said...

"found the greatest thing to cut out and modge-podge onto my as-yet-non-existent journal cover,"

what was it?