Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A time to gather stones together

I just realized that I've gone almost an entire week with no blogging! This makes me a bad blogger. It also should show you how very boring I am. But just in case you wanted a breakdown of what's been going on recently...

Trips to the dentist: none (hooray!)
Houses burgled: none (double hooray!)
E-mails answered: approx. 50, due to build-up and then responses to responses sent re: buildup
Computers broken: one
Number of hours spent weeping over broken computer: at least three
Computers now fixed, rendering me v. sheepish at my own weakness: one

Dang. I can't even come up with a funny list.

Apparently I have entered into what I would consider "a time to gather stones together," a period mentioned in Ecclesiastes (and, in a much more groovy way, a song by the Byrds) which I consider to be the most boring of all the time periods mentioned. At least "a time to cast away stones" involves throwing, which can be fun.

Can't come up with a funny list, and am making backward Biblical/60's music references. I think I'll stop here now.

Oh, and just so reading this post isn't a giant waste to everyone involved, I'll use it to mention that old seasons of South Park are on sale at Target for the ridiculously low price of $22. See! It was totally worth reading all the way down here for that!

3 pipers piping:

Kelly said...

Thought I saw the words, south park, series, $2 and decided to read the post from the start to find out what was going on. Now I’m a little disappointed but $22 is still pretty good.
Never weep over breaking a computer, they are usually asking for it.You should try to break around one per week just to show them who’s boss!

mendacious said...

life is in the details kim. i think you need to find your own self more fascinating.

Anonymous said...

i thought it was funny how for days nobody said a word on the Sara Lee post -- i was like, oh well, we're all dead to her.

don't underestimate the enthusiasm and desperation of your audience. Tom hasn't posted in like a week and he's still getting 10 hits an hour. i.e. play hard to get and we love you even more.

what are those other time periods mentioned in the bible btw? is there one about eating stones while lying on the sofa watching a movie about Ted Bundy (PLAYED BY MARK HARMON)?