Monday, May 15, 2006

Though Nike made me say it, I am a witness.


It may come as a shock to some of you-- particularly those of you who saw me in gym class in middle school, when I would purposefully step in front of fast-moving kickballs so I would get hit in the face and have to sit out the rest of the period-- that I am, thanks to Ben, a die-hard basketball fan now. Let me clarify-- a die-hard Cleveland Cavaliers basketball fan. Because as much as I might scream my face off in public (and yes, maybe cry-- a little-- when we win) for the Cavs, I would really rather die than watch that big scary German guy on Some Other Team do big scary German-guy things for 48 minutes.

But look at us now! Only one game away from beating the Pistons! Ben's out of town, and I'm still here, screaming until the dog and cat run for the basement in horror at my intense freaky Cavalier love!

How awesome will it be for Cleveland if we go all the way? Will people forget that our river once caught fire?

3 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Kim I am stunned. I thought it was pro wrestling or gran turismo that made you cry and thrash and scream. Basketball?

Really?


I guess that's what they call growing up.

Alan said...

Sadly no...the river fire will always beseech us. Just like the term Mistake on the Lake.

However I am happy that you are a witness. I must confess that BronBron has peaked my interest in the Cavs. Before this season I don't think I've actually watched a game since the starting 5 for the Cavs was; Mark Price, Craig Ehlo, Larry Nance, John "Hot Rod" Williams and Brad Daugherty.

I'm a big fan of not speaking of the success of a team in fear of jinxing it. So thats all I'll say.

Go CAVS!

Kurt said...

Cleveland, city of light, city of magic.