Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thought Police: Day Two

Until something of great interest happens to me, you will continue to read and enjoy my thoughts. So it shall be written, so it shall be done:

  • I like Cleveland Cavalier Larry Hughes because he looks like he knows how to rap.
  • It is interesting the Cake has songs called "Guitar" and "Guitar Man," although less interesting when you remember that "Guitar Man" is a cover of a Bread song. Perhaps, to complete the trilogy, they should cover Ray Stevens' "Guitarzan."
  • This shirt is vexing, because it clearly maintains the shape of my double stomach even after I have stood up. Why do I have to be cursed with two small stomach bumps, instead of one big, Santa-esque one?
  • Seriously, how come everyone in the world has been on a golf cart but me? And it sounds so awful. But lo, I am still drawn to it. Perhaps moreso now.
  • Why do people always come to wash their hands at the sink that's right next to my bathroom stall? Don't they understand that they're actually closer to me now than they would have been had they chosen to pee in the stall next to me? And yet they maintained a respectful distance during that part of the whole procedure.
I wrote down some other interesting thoughts that came to me while I was at work. One of them made me giggle. But sadly, I didn't bring that piece of paper home with me, and I don't remember what it said. So those thoughts will have to wait for tomorrow. Until then, tell me: what other celebrities look like they can rap?

1 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Hey. My friend MaryEllen Martino, of UNCW MFA fame (or infamy), introduced me to your blog after I sent her photos of the two feet of snow the Easter devil deposited in my Cleveland Heights yard. Since then, I've been perusing your blog and finding it very entertaining. Of great interest to me, other than the fact that we seem to sit in the same traffic jams consistently (I, too, was disappointed to find that there was no explosion of cement but only two cop cars and a guy with a broom after sitting on the shoreway for 3 hours), is that you are the only person of my generation I have ever come across who knows the genius of Ray Stevens.