Wednesday, March 01, 2006

When good names go bad

The other day, I received a postcard from Random Writers Who Mail You Crap Every Three Days, promoting the latest Conference No One Would Be Caught Dead At ("Jingle Writing to the Xtreme!"), and glanced briefly at the visiting writers, only to receive a shock-- one of them, Angelo Pizzo, has the exact same name as a good friend of mine, only off by two letters.

Apparently, all it takes is an O and P to go from cool, fun, funky female, to scary, pompadour-sporting producer of Rudy and Hoosiers.

Come on, though, man-- you're in Hollywood. You couldn't find something other than Pizzo?

Although I guess as a person whose last name always comes up during spell check as "Shambles," I probably shouldn't talk.

5 pipers piping:

T. said...

Tommio has a nice ring to it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, when I Google myself (should I be telling this?), it comes up with The Ashley Harp, an honest-to-God instrument. Also, there are apparently a great many Ashleys who play the harp and maintain "Ashley's Harp Page". I think that I should take up playing the Ashley harp and start a website that's Ashley Harp's Ashley Harps Page. Trump them all!!

penelope said...

Angelo Pizzo. Dude. That is hilarious.

But you didn't know about my alternate life, career, and hairstyle? Where have you been?

Anonymous said...

I barely have the energy to google myself these days.

Anonymous said...

at least I make it to the John when I have to pizzo.