Friday, March 24, 2006

Development, Arrested



Dear Fox,

I hate you. I hate you, and I hate your ass face.

Arrested Development was the best show going-- in fact, I have a little crush on it. There, I said it. I'm in love with Arrested Development. And, like all of my crushes, it has gone badly, and ended with me broken-hearted and feeling slightly embarrassed about myself.

Why did no one watch this show? Was it because it was on opposite King of Queens, or something terrifying like that? Because as much fun as it is to watch those shows with the Fat Guy who's a Garbage Man and has an Inexplicably Hot Wife-- apply this theory to any number of shows, there's a glut-- I would much rather watch the misadventures of the Bluths.

And now, Arrested Development is gone. But in its place is The War at Home! A fantastic, smart-witted show about a rasict guy who hates his family and apparently drinks to escape his dreary, vile life! Oh, and it stars Definitely Hollywood A-Lister Michael Rappaport. Wait, wait, I have to get my TiVo ready.

If I had TiVo, which I don't. But I figured it would make a good statement about my total lust for more programming like The War at Home.

Look, Fox, Alan told me you renewed the Simpsons for two more seasons, and that's great and everything. But seriously, I will do whatever it takes to get AD put back on the air. I would even let a seal in yellow bow tie bite off my left hand.

Just put it back on the air. Please? I mean, what will Jason Bateman do now? It's criminal!

Love,

Kim

5 pipers piping:

daisy said...

Well the rumor on the street is that Showtime is in the works to try to pick it up. We shall see...

Anonymous said...

What is the deal with those fat guy/hot wife shows!?!? Especially, when the fat guy is usually really obnoxious like the Jim Belushi show as well. Anyway, it's like they've been following me around. People have been asking me for years why Cassie married me in the first place. Well, I used to be sorta hot too. Hard to believe. I don't know what happened. Sucked too hard from the teat of life I guess. Sorry they took your show off. I hate that. They will probably replace it with a "reality" show soon.

dd

Anonymous said...

Rumore 'round town is that viacom purchased it and will either put it on CBS or Showtime. I would prefer CBS, but I'll buy showtime if I need to.

Matt said...

Sorry Kim. I am one of the reasons the show got canceled. I never watched it, could never really get into it. But of course, if my lone viewership, or lack thereof, was a major reason for a show's cancelation, Love Monkey, starring the witty Tom Cavenaugh as a rogue music industry exec and Jason Priestly as his fun brother-in-law would not have been shit-canned after three episodes. At least I still have American Idol, Survivor, the Amazing Race and The War at Home. Just kidding. About the last one. Although Loop is pretty funny, also on Fox, but I have low standards.

penelope said...

Wait, wait, Love Monkey was cancelled, too? Motherf--!!