Thursday, March 23, 2006

Whoa!

I stop posting on my blog for one week, and suddenly I am totally left behind by the biggest blog war since we found out Frey was lying.

I know it's practically over now, but I would like to express my outrage at the following things:

1. Anonymous posters who say crazily uncool things. Let me pre-empt you now, but posting my own for myself: Oh, ha ha, Kim, you're so funny with your insurance job and your love of pro wrestling! Perhaps you think no one remembers, but you were a way, way, way ugly girl in high school, and people totally noticed that your clothes came from Sears. You're not a good writer and your innermost thoughts are boring and I hate you.

No one can top that. Sears, people.

2. http://www.ilinxaudio.com/blog/2006/03/paradox-of-internet-freedom.html
This is just wrong. I feel that everyone else has already written about this situation, and written about it better than I could have, for me to elaborate. But Cue, remember, there are always jobs in the ever growing arena of insurance here in Cleveland! Come on, you know you want to...

Seriously, I'm sorry that I was so late in picking this up, and I know it's all already over and it's time for us to move on. But I didn't feel I could just not mention it.

So Tom, please don't go dark. I do that enough for both of us, and you're way more interesting than me.

Cue, it's all fodder. I mean, my one piece of hate mail from Mark Harmon has kept me going for years. You're sitting on a goldmine!

I love you all. And now I promise to go back to reporting on the banal minutae of my life.

Sears! Seriously!

6 pipers piping:

mendacious said...

well- mervyns... and the goodwill.

Anonymous said...

It was a battle royal

You so totally missed the verbal suplexes
I was putting on those hatin' fools.

Here's a bright idea: a bunch of morons who think they can out-write a squadron of disgruntled MFAers.

Geniuses.

Anonymous said...

yeah, we kicked ass. my favorite moment was when chincoteague showed up in the 90210 debate on tom's blog and was promptly tackled by forty joyous and anarchic MFAs.

i don't even think there was ever a moron brigade, just like one or two morons.

i heart you guys.

Anonymous said...

It was full-on verbal assualt. It was like the electronic resurgence of MFA drama-rama. I kind of loved it. And we taught those internet interlopers a lesson. Don't mess with witty post-grad students. We'll take you DOWN!

Anonymous said...

I just bought a pair of pants for $4.99 at Sears. Can you believe it? When I was a kid my mom was a poor hippie and I think some of my clothes came from Goodwill and older cousins. Damn. Sears is a drastic step up from that. You're doing good, kid.

I finally found a job too, KS.

dd

Cue said...

It is all fodder. It has taken me a week to get bold enough to leave comments again, for example. Perhaps one of these days I'll enable them back on my place. Or, you know, start writing something real again. (sigh.)