Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Don't bring around the cloud...

I have been irrationally sad for no reason lately, and I intend to put a stop to it. While being irrationally sad was a huge boon while working on my creative non-fiction thesis in grad school ("We are all nothing, and one day everyone I know will be dead, and nothing we did will have mattered at all. Sweet, that's an essay right there!"), it is a bit of a hindrance in the insurance world, where people tend to not like it when you start crying in your cubicle because you don't quite understand how exactly you're supposed to be "testing" the collections system. (Note: I figured it out. But boy, for that five minutes there, it was a soul-killer.)

So, I will turn to my tried-and-true method of irrational sadness eradication, list making.

1. Why be sad? Have wonderful boyfriend and awesome friends who love me! Also, talking like Cookie Monster fun.

2. Seriously, one day we WILL all be dead and the whole thing will be moot, so why waste time being sad?

3. Your irrational fear that one day you will have children and they will ride bikes without helmets and get hit by cars and then picked up by child molesters is NOT helping you shake your irrational sadness.

4. If you are still sad, go watch Christopher Walken's "More Cowbell" sketch. Sit around muttering "Last time I checked, we didn't have a whole lot of songs that feature the cowbell!" Still don't feel better? Something is seriously wrong.

Hmm. I still don't know if I actually feel better yet, but that was definitely a step in the right direction. Also, I am still giggling over the line "talking like Cookie Monster fun." Hee hee. I am awesome.

0 pipers piping: