Thursday, January 05, 2006

RIP Frisbee Jones

I am deeply saddened to announce the death of my beloved fish of a year and a half, Frisbee Jones. Noting that he was swimming erratically last night, I administered his last meal (Beta flakes-- his favorite) and wished him the best; upon returning from an outing with my friend Denise tonight, I was informed of his passing.

Frisbee Jones joins my previous Beta fish, Maynard and Throckmorton, and my short-lived goldfish, Governor, in Fish Heaven. May they all swim together peacefully, attacking not each other, but only their reflections in the glass.

As I have no pictures of Frisbee Jones, since fish are notoriously difficult to photograph, I offer instead this photo of Mamie drinking from Frisbee's bowl (many months ago-- I would not be so ghoulish as to allow her to drink Dead Fish Water). Think of it as her pouring one out for her fallen homey.

5 pipers piping:

Hip Girl said...

Aww I'm sorry

Anonymous said...

Awww...I miss Mamie. It's so good to see her drinking out of a fish tank. ;)

Too bad about your fish. At least he'll have an awesome name on his watery grave. Where do you come up with these names??

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! Didn't you have a fish named Kevin too? He was really tiny??

Kim said...

I DID have a fish named Kevin! I don't think he lasted much longer than Governor, whom I still miss from time to time, despite the fact that he was only alive for like three days and his bowl smelled like pureed ass.

As for the name-- it's a long story, but it has to do with thoroughbred horse Smarty Jones and David's long-standing love of Frisbee. Remember, I got the fish right after I left the Cape. And dang, I DO love me some Frisbee.

penelope said...

Poor Frisbee! We killed another fish at our office last week, Cameron. We were fish-sitting, too, AND for a 5-year-old, which makes it even worse. All we did was feed the thing and one day this white funk appears on his face. He also swam erratically before facing death, skittering across the water surface like he had on imaginary skis. Luckily, he did wait until he got home to die, but still. Customer Service has bad, bad fish karma.