Thursday, December 29, 2005

Down with brown

Number of people who noticed that I had colored my hair, without me having to tell them: one.

Number of people who, upon being told, said, "Oh, it does look darker!": Three (It's supposed to be lighter.)

Number of people who told me I had a big old piece of sea salt stuck to my cheek after eating a salt bagel: none. (Un-hair-related, but still distressing.)

That's okay, though, because Jeni and I went to the mall to spend my Christmas money on cute clothes that the young people are wearing these days. And since I revel in how much I save when I buy on sale, let me just say: spent $50, came home with $125 worth of clothes. Yes, I am awesome.

Also, on impulse we each purchased the so-called Magic Scarf, which can be burrowed into and worn as a snood, among other many exciting options (our favorite: ill-fitting tube dress). I am well aware that the magic scarf reached its peak popularity back in 2002, but am undaunted. I will bring it back to uber-coolness.

3 pipers piping:

Kristen said...

I have a magic scarf also just got it this year! I was one of those 3 that noticed it was darker after you told me :-) sorry I don't notice much hehe! I didn't notice the sea salt either sorry my bad! haha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

did u change your hair?

d

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, a month or so ago, I dyed my hair two shades darker and was freaked out by the fact that I had made my hair BROWN. And no one noticed.