Friday, January 06, 2006

2005: Year In Review

I used to do this all the time when I was in high school-- I had one journal that I only wrote in once a year, on New Year's Eve, in which I reviewed the year's events and gave the year an over-all grade (curiously, none seemed to rank higher than a C+, which seems odd now, considering that I didn't have to have a real job or pay bills or act responsibly or refrain from burping in public or brush my teeth twice a day). So, I figured, why not revive the tradition!

Good Things About 2005:
Maintained relations with sexy, sexy boyfriend
Only moved twice!
Got promotion at work
Deidre and Rich's baby
Angela's impending baby
Megan and Matt's Wedding
Alan and Suzanne's Wedding
No deaths in immediate family (unless you count Frisbee Jones, but technically, that happened in 2006, so sweet! No deaths!)
Christmas and New Year's with Ben

Not-So-Good Things About 2005:
Moved twice
Apparently bought motorcycle on eBay
Evil bad mystery radiator leak
No visit to Wilmington

Huh! Well, clearly, this year was way more fantastic than unfantastic. My final grade: A- (that eBay thing really kind of tarnished it).

And so, farewell, 2005. Let's hope 2006 has as many aspects of awesomeness, as well as half as many Kelly Clarkson hits.

3 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You totally forgot that '05 included both a Harry Potter BOOK and a MOVIE. I'd like to see some revisions here.

Hip Girl said...

Let 2006 also include less Ashley Simpson. Man I hate the girl!

Anonymous said...

Godammit Kim, you didn't mention Jeremy and John's birthday party for themselves. The best thing in almost any year!