Sunday, January 29, 2006

Firth + kids = sexxy

Though I am confident that pretty much no one in the entire world is going to go see Nanny McPhee, as the ten or so people I mentioned it to over the weekend claimed never to have heard of it, and one person actually accused me of making it up, I still highly recommend it.

Not for its startlingly original storyline ("It's like Mary Poppins! Only she's ugly, and the kids are really annoying!"), or its clever scene-making (food fight, anyone?). But because Colin Firth plays a widower (hot!) with seven children (virile!) and a pocketwatch chain (smokin'!)

Actually, the movie itself was not that bad. Ben allowed me to choose whatever movie I wanted, since a) I was sick, and b) when we work together, we inevitably choose the worst movie possible, such as Just Friends, Guess Who?, or-- and this was a shocker to us-- Munich. We figured that if we picked a movie that just already looked sucktastic, we could at least say that it had met our expectations.

But of course, I am a sucker for all movies starring Colin Firth, and all movies featuring a widower father of young children. So if you fit into this category (so, basically, Ashley, Hoang-Anh and Angela), I recommend that you run out and buy your tickets to Nanny McPhee right now. I mean, he cries in this movie. And that is effing hot.

3 pipers piping:

penelope said...

Every time I see the commercial for this movie, I hear "Andy McPhee," and think, who in the hell would be making an entire movie about the hyper-neurotic minor character from Dawson's Creek? And then I'm like, oh. NANNY McPhee.

My question is, is that lady's tooth going to bug me as much as it does just in the commercials, or will I forget about it after a few minutes with the help of Colin Firth?

Kristen said...

You didn't like guess who? I like that one! I want to see Nanny McPhee I will never get Harrison to it though!

Hip Girl said...

I don't get the whole Colin Firth thing but I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.