Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Return of the Death Flu


I thought I had this death flu thing all under control. I went to work yesterday for a full day, and while my boss did comment on the fact that I still sounded a bit ill ("Why are you breathing like Darth Vader?"), I was able to accomplish quite a bit of work.

Ahh, for the untroubled, Vader-esque breathing of yesterday!

After waking up feeling as if I had spent the night gargling Mini-Wheats (unfrosted!), I decided to give it the old college (read: only have one sick day left) try and head in to work. It became very apparent after about an hour, though, that my illness had, in doctor speak, moved into my chest, and that my cough was scaring the girl who sits next to me. So I headed home to watch what is now going on my fifth hour of quality programming on VH1 (Reality shows that ROCK!) and lay on the couch and try not to cough up any of my vital organs.

This day did have two highlights, however:

1. I saw Ric Flair on "Hogan Knows Best." Whooooooo!

2. An episode of the original "Surreal Life," in which MC Hammer prays for Vince Neil, made me cry. Just a little. And I think just because of the Death Flu. Because I would never normally cry at something so dumb. I did, however, take a picture of my misery, for your enjoyment. I think you can see Gabrielle Carteris hugging Vince Neil in the television set that's reflected in my glasses.

1 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

If you like seeing love and affection from Gabrielle Carteris, keep your eye peeled for the 90210 reunion they keep running on Bravo. But don't expect to see love and hugs between Shannon Doherty and Tori Spelling. Tori snubbed the show because Shannon was going to be there. I guess some high school rivalries never end.