Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Everybody now!


I don't know if it's just because I heard the song "Ticket To Ride" on my way to work this morning or what, but I'm really in the mood for a good old-fashioned sing-along. Since Ben's not much of one for singing in the car (and try as I might to convert him, as I have with so many others, he remains resistant, and will only mouth the words to certain Guns N' Roses songs), and I have no karaoke outlet here, I have mostly been listening to books on tape (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, most notably-- twice!). But I think I might have to break down and make myself a sing-along CD.

Here's a few tracks, just off the top of my head. Please feel free to add more:

1. Levon, Elton John (Don't know why, but all good sing-along CDs must have this. Or Honky Cat)
2. Sweet Home Alabama, Lynrd Skynrd
3. Moonshadow, Cat Stevens
4. If I Had a Million Dollars, BNL
5. Golddigger, Kanye West (to keep up my mad rap skillz)
6. Ticket To Ride, The Beatles
7. Better Man, Pearl Jam
8. I Go Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish (shut your holes, it's an old stand-by)
9. I Wanna Rock and Roll All Nite, KISS
10. Thank God I'm a Country Boy, John Denver
11. The Gambler, Kenny Rogers
12. Ashland University Fight Song (many of you don't know this, but it has awesome sing-along potential) (but unfortunately does not exist in CD form, as far as I know)

Okay, now I'm stumped, as you can tell by the addition of my college fight song to the list. Help!

2 pipers piping:

Hip Girl said...

How could you for get "Ice, Ice Baby"????

Anonymous said...

Anything by Peter Gallagher, just because.