Monday, November 28, 2005

Crap.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did, until we found ourselves pulling over in central Philadelphia while my car began to overheat AGAIN, as it was losing coolant AGAIN, despite having just been repaired. In my mind, I replayed the dulcet tones of Repair Man, assuring me, "We found a leak in your coolant system so small and crusted over, there was no need to repair it at all."

Small and crusted over like your heart, perhaps.

But we managed to get home, while cranking the heat on high with the windows rolled down to prevent further overheating; the car is now currently back on display in the service department as "The Car That Magically Craps Out Its Coolant When No One Is Looking, Since There Is No Coolant Leak."

Also, eBay is being a butt about letting me cancel my accounts. They actually simply denied my request to close one account, and seem to be ignoring the other. I won't say much about it here, since eBay is a giant corporation that could squash me if I say libelous things. But the many strongly worded e-mails I have sent them over the last few days should do the trick.

But there is goodness on the horizon, such as:
  • I bought my first round of Christmas presents today!
  • Ben and I had a marvelous time over the holidays with my family and then with his, and got to eat two Thanksgiving dinners!

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm absolutely positive that there is more. There has to be more. It's almost Christmas, dang it!

1 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that things can NEVER just get fixed the first time? Like, why did I have to spend my lunch break on Monday AND today letting the plumber in to fix my water heater once and again? Seriously, I went to college to get a degree to get a job to pay rent to HAVE HOT WATER!! I don't LIKE cold showers. Sighs, sighs, sighs.