Thursday, November 29, 2007

I hate this.

I've begun to realize that I say the phrase "I hate" far too much. I think I've always said it a little too often, using it to denote things that annoyed me, rather than things I truly hated. And that's still the way I use it, but I hear it coming from my mouth with alarming frequency, and, as an addendum to my New Year's Resolution to be less angry, would like to curb it.

So, in an effort to direct my attention away from the things that I hate, allow me to list some things that I love:

  • My husband
  • My family
  • My friends
  • My pets
  • The Office
  • The new Kanye West CD, which I know I gave only a middling grade to before, but with which I am now totally obsessed. As a side note, I would love to be as confident as Kanye, with lines like "I think it's time you should get behind me but my head's so big you can't sit behind me."
  • LeBron James
  • Ric Flair (yes, I still love Ric Flair)
  • Winter
  • Cake (the band, not the food-- I don't actually really like cake very much)
  • Bacon bits
  • Babies
  • David Sedaris
  • Sloppy Joes
  • Target
  • Mix CDs
  • Post Secret

And many more!

So there's still a lot of love to go around, even if I kind of hate the way I've been feeling lately...

2 pipers piping:

penelope said...

I love that you still love Ric Flair.

steph said...

i say "i hate" all the time, too. and i try to curb it, because i truly don't hate anything...until i realize that i hate hair in my food...or that i hate gnats.

sigh.