Saturday, September 08, 2007

Where to?

As a gift at my bridal shower two weeks ago, Ben's mom bought me a most extravagant Garmin navigation system. She and I both share an all-consuming fear of getting lost in strange places, so it was a perfectly suited gift.

Unfortunately, though, in the past two weeks I have not actually been called upon to go anywhere I don't already know how to get to (except for Old Time Pottery in Parma, which Garmin led us to most efficiently). So for right now, I'm mostly just performing the age old ritual of Fucking Around With My New Toy Until I Accidentally Break It.

So far, the best feature (other than its obvious navigational abilities) is the fact that I can customize the voice in which the Garmin speaks. For its first two weeks, it was an erudite, Russian-sounding woman named Jill, but just this morning, in a bit of a funk with pre-wedding jitters and mall anxiety (attempting to find a suitable gift for my parents), I changed it over to the soothing sounds of Daniel, a smoking-hot British dude who probably looks a lot like Colin Firth (at least, this is my aural impression of him).

Tonight, I might upload some MP3s and pictures to it, just because I can. And when the price of gas goes down to a more tolerable $2.80 level, I plan to drive myself out into the middle of nowhere and let Daniel lead me home with his sexy, sexy robot voice.

6 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

I had a boyfriend who was obsessed with the snotty sounding woman's voice who directed us in his GPS. I used to call her "the car bitch." She was infuriating -- always so calm and condescending!

Can't wait to see you!!

penelope said...

omg, i love that you can change the voice--and to a smoking hot British dude, yowza!

we always wonder, is it possible to make the gps speaker mad? that seems like it would be a fun game to play.

Anonymous said...

Kim, have your smokin' hot British fella direct you to Big Fun. Once there, see if you can find another "punching" Mr. T. I think I had to part ways with my Punchin' T puppet because he done got broken.

Wow! What if you could have a Mr. T Garmin navigator voice?!

Cue said...

I think I need to get me one of those. Like last weekend, when I was talking on the phone while driving and got lost for a good hour around Allentown, PA? A Daniel would've come in handy. Bonus points for being British.

Anonymous said...

Be careful, you never know what Daniel REALLY looks like. Remember radio boy? I pictured him as a smooth, hot man who wore cool shoes - well, how wrong was I? At least he had the shoes going for him.

ashley said...

I so want a British man in my life. And if he can tell me where the hell to go in the city of Atlanta, all the better.