Thursday, August 02, 2007

It lives

I really am sorry for the lack of communication lately-- I know I got on a roll there for awhile, and even extricated myself from the You Should Blog More section of Pen and M's blog. But I am sorry to report that absolutely nothing of interest has happened to me lately, with the exception of the following things:


1. Ben's sister and her boyfriend are coming tomorrow to take us to the Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Which, as you know, I would not normally find interesting. But it just so happens that Becki's boyfriend is the Philadelphia Birdman, Eagles superfan of high local acclaim (so I am told-- as a some-time Browns fan, I recognize only the superfandom of Big Dawg). I have been informed that there will be many other superfans there, which will allow me to indulge in my lifelong love of mascots, both official and unofficial.


2. I picked up a copy of my mentor Joe Mackall's newest book, "Plain Secrets," which is about the Amish. I happen to love the Amish for many reasons, among them the fact that I personally know two people that lost their virginity to an Amish, which you have to admit is totally interesting. Anyway, I will read this book soon, in theory, so long as I do not first die from a massive paper-cutter wound while attempting to assemble the final pieces parts of my invitations. But you should read the book right now. Go on! What are you waiting for? You're not going to learn about the Amish sitting here reading this! Except for the fact that, aside from the virginity thing, I'm also obsessed with the Amish because they got rollerblades before I did, which I thought was totally unfair.


But other than that, my life has mostly consisted of handwriting addresses onto envelopes, struggling to learn how to print things on both sides of a piece of paper ("Why the fuck is it printing upside down now? I will kill you, bastard printer of Hades!"), and staring forlornly at my bike, who it appears will remain locked in my garage for the rest of the summer.

3 pipers piping:

Frisby said...

Did your two friends lose their virginity to the same Amish person? That would be pretty awesome. Or kinky. I get those two confused sometimes.

I can never remember which way my printer is oriented, so I always run a test sheet through. This test sheet always has an arrow drawn on it that tells me which way I inserted the page. Then you take the finished page, hold it upright, and look which way the arrow points. So then I always know if I should enter the blanks top- or bottom-first, and face-up or -down.

Frisby said...

Also, I apparently enjoy shifting from first- to second-person perspective.

Jessica said...

i'm only a little bit jealous that i'm not invited to the wedding. really. only a little. okay, actually just ragingly jealous, but also understanding and all. i might be planning one of these myself soon and lord knows i can only invite like 15 people and ten of those must bring their own snacks. So, here's the deal: i promise to forswear my own wedding-attending jealous longings IF you promise to SEND ME actual pictures of the event and/or to actually, you know, email me. Because honestly, it is SO NOT my fault that I had my head up my ass when we were in MFA and didn't become better friends with more people than heather and eli. I mean, it might be, but seriously - will you fault me? Will Andrea Q? Well yes, you probably will. But still. I am a loyal blog reader and sang Juice Newton at Martha's on my birthday a few weeks ago..........doesn't that count for anything????