Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two weddings and a cookout

I know I've been absent from the blogscene for almost two weeks now, and I apologize (but come on, you didn't really miss me, did you?). But seriously, this has been a busy couple days, as I have been out:

  1. Getting into a fight with Ben about the Cavs
  2. Attending a wedding in Syracuse for Ben's cousin
  3. Attending a second wedding less than 24 hours later back in Ohio for my good friend Marita
  4. Eating too much food at a cookout at my parents' house
  5. Booking an oboe trio to play at my wedding
  6. Harrassing Ben about getting his save-the-date info together

and so on.

The weddings were of particular interest (although I'm sure there are some of you out there that would love to hear the particulars of my fight with Ben, which ended with me sobbing about how Sasha Pavlovic is purposefully trying to sabotage our chances at success), because they were the last two weddings I will ever attend as a single person, so I was trying really hard to inconspicuously take note of every single detail.

I did learn, at Ben's cousin's wedding, that Puerto Rican-style dancing is really fun to watch, but really, really difficult to do, especially when there's no alcohol involved. It also strengthened my resolve to not do the dollar dance, because surely no one would dance with me, and I would have to do the Carlton on the dance floor just to avoid looking unloved.

And at Marita's wedding, I learned that Marita does everything way cooler than me, and my wedding will look like a BBQ at the state park in comparison. And I learned that too much alcohol mixed with a lot of jumping up and down is not good for you.

All in all, an excellent weekend, especially since I got to meet Ben's family, who were totally awesome and really, really funny (and they laughed at my dumb jokes, which is a sure way to gain my trust). And of course much love to Marita and Chris, who (curiously enough) did the Carlton by dancing the wedding party dance to Sugarhill Gang's "Apache."

Congratulations, Kathy and Jose and Marita and Chris! Now, don't mind me as I shamelessly copy all your wedding secrets.

3 pipers piping:

Frisby said...

No dollar dance?!

The last wedding I attended, the groom was the one who got no love there, to the point that the best man had to fork over a buck. Surely you'd do better than that.

hat said...

I love BBQs, I love parks, and I love weddings, and any combination thereof would be perfectly splendid. Not that your wedding (with the much anticipated oboe trio) will be anything like a BBQ at the state park. But if it were, I'd love it.

i i eee said...

The Carlton would surely get you some dollars!! Wha ha!