Sunday, May 20, 2007

Done and undone

Done:

  • Called Direct Loans re: student loan default letter. No answer, but I'm not as worried anymore, as I now have the letter in my possession, and have found that it doesn't actually have my name on it anywhere, meaning it was probably just mailed to the wrong person. Will begin obsessively calling tomorrow at eight a.m., just to make sure.

  • Purchased corset for wedding. Not as easy as it sounds, as it also included a quest to find the apparently no longer open Solomon's Corset Shop, famous in Cleveland for its excellent corsets and mean employees who tell you your bra is wrong and saggy, even if it is made of cast iron. Ended up at David's Bridal, where I also bought my veil. The only downside-- my mom had to see my boobs. Gross.

  • Washed and dried four loads of laundry, although sadly, got purple fabric softener spots over 80% of the whites.


  • Wrote two new columns to send to the Dispatch while doing the ill-fated laundry

  • Watched season finale of The Office-- twice! Anyone who wants to begin obsessively discussing the season premiere should contact me immediately.

  • Harrassed Ben about making his guest list.

Undone:

  • Did not mail save the date cards, as one half of guest list is missing.

  • Did not upload new songs to MP3 player in an effort to get it to stop playing the same songs over and over and over again.

  • Did not ride bike.

  • Did not sign and mail contract for oboe trio for ceremony as promised.

  • Did not return Netflix.

  • Did not begin rereading Harry Potter series, despite looming release date of book seven.

2 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

So you reread the entire Harry Potter series before each new one comes out, too? Glad it's not just me. I'm also alarmingly behind on this, having not started yet.

hat said...

Wow -- the corset. What can I say!? It takes my breath away...