Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Unfunny bop

So, I haven't been feeling very funny lately.

This scares me, because it makes me feel like I was only given so much funny, and squandered it all in my youth, so that by the time I have children, I'll be the mom who makes inane banter about cartoons that went off the air years ago and encourages my kids to join a social group like Scouts, but not even as cool as Scouts, more like Indian Princesses.

Not that there's anything wrong with Indian Princesses. If there even is such a thing. If not, I could found it, which would give me even more humorless crap to talk about.

I don't exactly know where my funny has gone, but if you read back over the last few weeks of blog, you'll see that it's been sadly lacking. Could it be due to:

1. This shitty weather, which went from blizzardy cold to unseasonably warm, causing the two feet of snow here to take on the consistency of florist's styrofoam-- the kind you like to touch at the craft store because it so willingly accepts thumb prints?

2. The presense of TiVo in my life, which makes it so I don't have to come up with funny things to entertain myself?

3. My slow but persistent transformation into The Bride, but not the cool ass-kicking bride from Kill Bill, but rather the kind of bride that wonders if post cards or magnets would make better Save the Dates? (We're leaning toward magnets.)

I don't know. But I am so unfunny right now, it kind of hurts. Do you guys still love me?

6 pipers piping:

steph said...

just wait til you get closer -- i am four weeks away from being the bride and all my cool has gone and instead i am worrying about what family members to take photos with and who will be sitting at what table. ew.

Frisby said...

I still love you, Kim, even though we've never met.

Oh, but I don't mean that I love you in an awkward, Jim-and-Pam kind of way. Or a cyber-stalker kind of way, either.

Oh, but I don't mean to imply that you aren't worth loving "in that way." It's just... well...

You know what? Forget I said anything.

Jessica said...

Oh, banish the thought: an unfunny Kim! As odd as rabbits on skis or polar bears in the microwave! As your recent weekend antics suggest, you are funny still - and shall remain so. I seem to remember a certain soused someone telling me ALL ABOUT members of her family and dates 1-3 of you & Ben, and even though you asked "am I boring? Cause I think I'm drunk" every five seconds, the thing is, unlike everyone else who asks that question (including me) --- you WEREN'T. You weren't boring at all, just silly and Kimish. Which is a good thing!

hat said...

Your funny meter went up another notch for being aware of your un-funny disposition. But then again, that in itself is funny. So you were never un-funny in the 1st place. Have you heard about Kim? She's funny.

Anonymous said...

you're allowed to feel unfunny sometimes. i sincerely doubt you will be an unfunny mom. that's funny in and of itself! chalk it up to the weather, and surely the unfunny feeling will melt away with the snow. and of course we love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, of course I still love you. Despite the fact I completely and oh-so-rudely ... *ahem* ... forgot to write you on your birthday. Lucky for you, I'm planning a special way to make it up to you.

anyway, I don't think your funny is gone at all... you just might be having a slow week what with the weather and the general crappiness that happens in February through March.