Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Catching up is hard to do


My God, my God, why won't I stop with the retarded catchphrase-y blog titles?

Anyway, as you can see, The Unwilling Adult is back in order, with a sweet new Urban Decay-esque background. Please let me know if my link to your blog didn't survive the format change; thanks to Frisby, I was able to solve the Where Is the Fucking Sidebar issue, and thanks to Penelope, I restored my counter to its rightful home.

You know? I was going somewhere with this blog, but I've just started to notice that I am, right now, sweating through my shirt, which is really putting a downer on this whole leisurely blog thing. Apparently, Ohio has forgotten that it is a mousy Midwest state where the temperatures don't go higher than eighty, ever; also apparently, my landlord has forgotten his promise to provide screens for the upstairs windows, meaning our attic bedroom currently contains the exact weather conditions ideal to perpetuating life in the rainforest.

So before I dehydrate much further, I'll cut right to the chase: Saw X-Men. Great movie. Stay till the very end if you go. Also, is it at all humanly possible for Hugh Jackman's arms to be this big? Especially considering that, when not being Wolverine, he's generally starring in Broadway musicals, which I love, but imagine not being very conducive to sweet upper arm workouts? My personal theory is that they are very nicely constructed foam sleeves. I would like to believe them to be real, but at the same time, their veiny-ness and occasional popping tendon-ness tend to unnerve me.

More tomorrow, probably from work, where I am less likely to succumb to heatstroke.

5 pipers piping:

Megs said...

I liked X 3 as well, and fortunately got the message to stay through the credits. I feel a little silly about my love for the X men, though. I've never even seen X men 1!

I think those are Wolverine's arms. I don't remember them looking quite so impressive in the movie. Maybe it's just a good picture? How much would I love to see Hugh Jackman dancing around in a musical.

Kurt said...

Well, I'm guessing that the metal claw things aren't real, so possibly the arm muscles aren't either.

Anonymous said...

I am an unabashed XMen lover. And Hugh Jackman lover. Even if his arms aren't real.

Kim said...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE X-Men fan, and deeply in love with Hugh Jackman. I'm just saying, his arms are vaguely upsetting to me, like someone put plums into the leg of some old pantyhose.

This might explain why my own arms are perhaps not as sculpted as they could be.

Alan said...

His arms are real..take a lot of protein, creatine, and workout like 5 days a week, like Hugh does for the Xmen role, and anyone can look like that.

However...a rare trivia fact about xmen 1. His sideburns werem't real in 3/4 of the movie. They were glued on as he tried to grow out his own.