Saturday, April 29, 2006

Seven Shorts in Seven Days

I recently got an e-mail from Marcella, who told me my friend Jeremy had passed along my e-mail address to see if I would be interested in participating in an event she calls SSSD: Seven Shorts in Seven Days. I could tell you all about it, but she does a much better job on her site-- just check that link to see all about it.

Since I have written nothing but blog entries and vaguely entertaining e-mails for the last few years, I've decided to throw my hat in the ring, so I figured I'd let you guys know about it so you could do it, too-- it's like Workshop Lite, and without the line edits!

I think the deadline to join is coming up fast, like tomorrow, so check out their site for examples of past prompts and let them know if you'd like to participate! If my entries turn out well, maybe I'll post them here-- if they suck, which is highly likely, we'll just pretend they are so good that it would pierce the values and aesthetics of the entire literary world.

1 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... sorry for whoring you out...

These chicks are fantastic and I thought you might dig the event.

Good luck!

js