Sunday, February 12, 2006

You know what you remind me of?

Only a few more days until I'm off to Wilmington-- with all the baby-seeing, clothes-buying, pig-picking and Modge-Podging that it has to offer! I've reached that stage of excitement where I'm making up little songs about it and planning exactly which outfits I'm planning on wearing for each day-- after all, a baby-seeing outfit is way different from a pig-picking outfit.

And of course I've gotten out my old CDs that I made while I was there, to get me in the mood. While I was driving around listening to the radio the other day, I heard the song "You're Beautiful," by James Blunt, and for some reason it reminded me of Wilmington, even though it came out years after I left. It just seems to have a Wilmington-y vibe to it...

So that got me to thinking about other songs that remind me of things-- usually not even specific events, but just like a scene, or a moment. Every time I hear them, I get taken back to that moment:

"I Go Blind," Hootie and the Blowfish: Driving to Hudson with Megan, Karin and Wendy to play on a swingset we found there once

"Allison," Elvis Costello: Standing in front of my boombox in the corner of my dorm room, looking at my WCW wrestler Valentines.

"Baba O'Reilly," The Who: Driving to Tom's apartment with Ashley, and feeling like something very important was going to happen

"Little Dudes," Pee Shy: Talking smack about our enemies with Amy, Denise, Kelly and Jeni in the triple on our floor.

"Hey, Girl," OAR: My third date with Ben. We made spaghetti and watched "Amish in the City." Sexy.

"The Gambler," Kenny Rogers: New Year's Day at 12:30 A.M., Dave got everyone in the bar singing this at Cedar's.

3 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you know if we were going to Tom's place, something important was about to happen. Was that the night we watched the Amityville Horror or Halloween? Or Good Will Hunting? Good times.

T. said...

No, that was the night we all took acid and talked to vegetables on my roof before flossing in my neighbor's bathroom mirror. So silly how you don't remember. Gee Wiz!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you guys I had to pay my car insurance and one of the agents said I look just like Edward Norton--and talk like him. Weird. Since E. Norton would have to be on steroids (i.e., really fat) and where is Norton from? Jersey? Tom might be the one to ask. Maybe they thought I would buy more insurance...wait...shouldn't they have said Brad Pitt?

double d