Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Everything you've ever wanted to know about my hair (but were afraid to ask)


I have been threatening to cut my hair for the last nine months. Not unlike the "Am I getting fat again?" monologue, which usually ends with me weeping over a plate of carrots, the "That's it, I'm going to Best Cuts" tirade has thrilled, then entertained, then bored, then aggravated my friends and co-workers since time immemorial.

But on Christmas Eve, I made the plunge and called Ladies and Gentlemen, a very nice day spa in Mentor, where I happened to have a long-unused but never forgotten Valentine's Day gift certificate purchased by Ben. And since it was a rather expensive GC, I got a rather expensive haircut, which is sort of sad, since my hair doesn't really look all that much different than it did before I went in. There are two noticable differences:

1. It is no longer shaped like a triangle
2. It is three inches shorter, which may amaze those of you who wrote me earlier, asking when my hair had gotten so long upon seeing this picture.

I did, however, get an arm and hand massage, mini-facial, and makeup application along with my haircut, which are things I would not have gotten at Best Cuts. Perhaps Fantastic Sam's. But sadly, they appear to be defunct.


As a side note, please pay no attention to the fact that that shirt makes my boobs look weird.

Anyway, since Ben is out of town for awhile and I am bored and lonely and tired of talking with our pets, I have decided to move into phase two of Operation New Hair, which I am calling Defensive No More Gray Maneuver Strike Force Z.

That is to say, right this very moment, as I type this, I am dying my hair (please see illustration at right. Do not note the sloppy application of dye to forehead and temples). I'm just dying it brown; "Cool Brown," I believe was the schmancy name the good people at Garnier came up with. I believe Rinse Offensive Alpha Storm is imminent, so I'd better go. But I will be back soon with a progress update.

And maybe I'll actually mention the fact that Christmas happened, and perhaps go into that a bit. But that may aggravate my bad case of Post-Christmas Depression, so we may have to move directly to New Years, and just acknowledge that, as usual, Christmas was a time of magic and fun, made even more special by Ben's presence. And now it's over. And that sucks.

1 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

I don't like my hair either.
Thats why at Thanksgiving or Christmas my hair is pulled back and my mom gets mad and says "Katie, Why don't you ever wear your hair down?" and it bugs me.
I just say nothing and walk away.
But at school its just "Katie take your hair down!"
Annoying
Gosh
Rock on Kim!
Peace