Saturday, December 20, 2008

My business is closed.


So, I think it's time to retire from the blogging world.

I've been actually wanting to do this for awhile, but haven't, for various reasons:

1. "My Business is Your Business" is the single greatest blog name of all time, and if I decide to come back later and start a new one, I'll get stuck with a really lame blog name, because I am notoriously bad at naming stuff, so it'll probably be called "Kim's Wacky Words of Wisdom" or "Oja-pus's Garden"

2. This is my Aunt Kathy's primary way of learning about what's going on in my life (Hi, Aunt Kathy!)

3. I actually did some pretty funny writing here, back in the day.

However, my blogging gene seems to have gone fallow, at least for the moment, and I'm getting pretty tired of making myself feel guilty every time I don't write anything on here for awhile. And also, now that I'm actually writing on a semi-regular basis again (thank you, John Boston Story-- yet another stellar title thought up by Kim Oja!), I should probably put most of my writing time towards that.

So I'm saying goodbye for now-- thanks for reading for the last three years, it's been a blast! And for now, at least, please don't remove me from your blogrolls-- you never know when the Awesome Blogging gene will flicker back to life and I will be inspired to share stories about my sad vagina or my vitriolic hatred of Mark Harmon (which this whole John Boston thing has TOTALLY stirred up again).

From me, Crunchy, vulvodynia, the guys who stole my Garmin, Ricky Martin, Guitar Hero and all the other major players here at "My Business is your Business", we wish you all a fond farewell!

6 pipers piping:

penelope said...

I am... so sad. You better start emailing with all your extra time, free from blogging and guilt! Or else we can talk on Facebook. :)

Matt said...

I am sad too.

However, as someone who has a blog who hasn't blogged since July 28, I can't say as though I blame you.

That being said, Mark Harmon totally sucks. Anytime I see his little PSA on CBS for Toys for Tots or whatever it is, I tell everyone in the room that Mark Harmon is an ass, and then I tell them why. This is, of course, getting really old for Alyssa, as we watch a lot of CBS shows like Survivor, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and on really slow Fridays, Numbers.

Andria said...

Very sad. I thought surely this was just a "closed for the holidays" announcement not a closing for [nearly, but not quite hopefully] good. But, enjoy your new guilt-free existence.

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for including a scene from M*A*S*H, my favorite show of all time, in your farewell post. See you in the ether and maybe at a bar in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am REALLY going to miss the blog as it is pretty much my ONLY way of knowing what's going on with you. And more than that: you make me laugh.

Alas, I totally get it.

Now go forth and write and get published so I can buy the book already.

xo.

Anonymous said...

I'm weeping--how the f am I going to know you if you quit bloggin?? you don't write or call, my dear. Email me or I'll send you monkey's ears.