Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chesterland's Happy Ending

One of the first things I noticed upon moving to Chesterland is that there were a lot of spas. Like, a ridiculous number of them. Because after a day of shooting coyotes and burning large piles of rubbish in your backyard, who doesn't want a facial?

But one spa in particular, the Silver Spa, always stood out to me. It didn't look like much-- just a white house with a sign in front that said "All are welcome." About three minutes from my house, I drive by it constantly. But there was one thing that always bothered me about it.

"Why do you think that place is always open?" I'd ask Ben whenever we drove by. Because it was always open-- when I took the cat to the vet at seven a.m. on a Wednesday, when I drove to Drug Mart for a last-minute beer run at ten p.m. on a Sunday-- always.

"I don't think it is open," Ben would say. "I think they just don't turn off the sign."

"I think it's a whore house," I said.

And I was right!

Please feel free to congratulate me on my Columbo-like powers of deduction now.

5 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

"They just kept coming!"

I can't help being juvenile.

Anonymous said...

There was a whore house in Chesterland? That feels ridiculous just typing it! Chesterland is such a 'down home' kinda town. (at least, I always thought so) After the sex, did they bake you a pie?

penelope said...

Is it wrong that this made me laugh and laugh?

Cue said...

"They came from the north, south, east, and west."

REALLY.

(This made me laugh, too.)

ProudCynic said...

Yep, I always thought it was a whore house too. Damn thing is just about next door to my kid's guitar lessons, which I hated!