Sunday, April 06, 2008


After a long day of yardwork at my parents' house yesterday, Ben and I were treated to a rousing game of "Who Can Find the Most Embarrassing Picture of Kim From Her Youth?" My mom was the winner, with this stunner.

Please note that the brown sweater I'm wearing is the infamous Afro Bathrobe, a gift from my grandmother that inflicted upon me a life-long fear of sweater coats and a firm belief that all of my clothes, no matter how cute or expensive, will earn me a horrible nickname. The rest of my wardrobe appears to have been plucked from the closet of a 1930's librarian, except for the long-strapped denim purse, a nod to the plucky, can-do attitude of Blossom.

In that purse, I carried paperback books of "Herman" cartoons. I was the lamest kid ever.

6 pipers piping:

Frisby said...

And you posted it for the whole world to see. That takes some serious ovaries.

ashley said...

I am so excited to see the Afro Bathrobe! I mean, it's existence is almost like an urban legend.

It sort of looks like you were on your way back from being an extra on the set of Witness...

Rest assured you have totally ditched your Afro Bathrobeness and are now a FOXY LADY!

steph said...

that is a FABULOUS picture!
i love it!

hat said...

Have I ever told you that you have the longest neck ever?! I am so jealous! My neck is non-existent which makes my pudgy head plop on my shoulders in a very ugly way. But you, oh my, you have elegant neck length, which is enviable by all standards, my dear. Truly.

penelope said...

Shut the hell up with that Afro bathrobe! I love, love that it is your new profile picture. And I do agree that it's vaguely Amish? Something about the high-collared shirt.

You're so awesome.

Matt said...

Hey Napoleon, give me your tots!