Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You're welcome

Number of thank you cards written tonight: 26

Number of thank you cards sealed into envelopes with this error: 25



This! This is what I get for wanting to be cute and have Ben sign the cards in his own hand-writing! Twenty-five cards going out saying "Love, Kim & "!

People who will be receiving this limited edition fuck-up card include:

1. The minister

2. The DJ

3. My boss

4. My mom's boss

Oh, my God. Please kill me now. Because there is no effing way I'm opening those envelopes and fixing this. Not tonight. Probably not ever. Because I don't have enough sticky labels left to redo the addresses, and by God, I am not doing them by hand!

Maybe? People will think my fancy ampersand is, like, a fancy, fucked-up letter O? And that I just decided to sign all my cards "Kim O," like in a fun, familial way?

Okay. If you're one of the people who receives this particular card, I apologize. If you really want, I'll have Ben stop by your house and sign your card next time we're in town.

Love,

Kim O

4 pipers piping:

ashley said...

This makes me want to pee in my pants. Thank you. I needed pee-in-my-pants funny.

penelope said...

D'oh!! That is so fucking funny. You totally should have signed the post "Kim &"

I'm still laughing...

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Kim, I should have warned you. Once you get married, the dudes expect that you sign every condolence, thank you, birthday, or greeting card *for* them. They. Won't. Do. It.

Also, Chris wanted me to tell Ben about the Carl Spackler Open. Here's the site: www.carlspackleropen.com

If Ben is interested have him email me.

Cue said...

It sort of looks like "Kim +" -- which could totally be your trendy way of signing off as a married person. "Love, Kim +!" Work it, own it.