Monday, October 29, 2007

The time is (almost) now

Just in the last couple weeks, I've been feeling compelled to start writing again. Not just blogging writing (becaue as I've proven, my blogging is a bit sub-par of late), but actual writing writing.

This is a big deal-- I know a lot of you out there left the MFA program and your day to day life changed very little. I, on the other hand, left school and immediately proceeded to not write anything for the last three and a half years. Essentially, I figured, I had written a (very short) book, and was now entitled to list my name as "Kim Shable, MFA" on my TV Guide subscription.

I think I was just burned out-- kind of the way a greyhound doesn't really feel the need to run after a few years chasing the rabbit. And I also met a sexy dude, and moved into his house, and so writing took a back burner to being a sexy beast.

But just lately, I've been thinking, "maybe I could write something." I don't even know for sure if I could anymore-- I might have too much insurance knowledge in my head right now to make room for anything made up.

So I was wondering-- if I were to start some sort of informal writing group, would anyone be interested in allying themselves to it? I might have to start slow, with prompts and word limits and the whole deal, so I can ease back into it (if I try to write a novel right now, my brain might get tired and give up and go watch reruns of Just Shoot Me).

Any interest? If not, no big. I can continue with my unchecked TV viewing alllll night.

4 pipers piping:

Anonymous said...

I am in.

Anonymous said...

You you don't want to just jump in and whip out a crappy novel on Thursday?

;-)

As long as "informal" means "I can skip a session without a public flogging," then I'll do it.

daisy said...

Wait. As usual, I am so confused. Isn't our little blogging circle our "informal writing group?" :( doesn't this COUNT?

(No seriously - I'm in. I just had to be sarcastic first. Of course.)

Jessica said...

i didn't write for two and a half years, either. And I *didn't* get the degree. So no stress, or guilt, and we'll support you as you're generally fantastic.