Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Devil Pants

Some of you may remember the shopping spree I went on earlier this year, in an update to delame my wardrobe? Well, on this shopping spree, it happens that I found the perfect pair of black pants, made of just the right fabric to repel dog and cat hair, and with just the right leg flare, so as not to look too librarianesque. And, they are a size six, which is most definitely not my size. But if I were to die in a horrible work-related incident, when they came to take my body away, they would find that I was wearing size six pants, and probably would have that figure engraved on my tombstone.

But these pants, I tell you, were sent here by Satan himself. Oh, yes, they're alluring, as many of the devil's creations are. And I totally do look foxy in them. But they deceive you with their good looks and pet-repellant surfaces into a false sense of security, because these pants want to kill you.

I say this based on the fact that in the two times I have worn them, I have nearly fallen to my death seven times, due to snagging my heel in the descreet cuffs that ring the bottom of the legs. Today alone, I did it in the bathroom at home while applying make-up (leading to horribly misplaced pink eyeshadow), in the bathroom at work, and right in front of my co-worker's desk, causing her to announce loudly, "My God, are you okay? What's wrong with you?"

It's the pants, Ann. The pants want me dead.

So be warned-- if I turn up the victim of what appears to be a routine slip and fall, smeared with eyeshadow and missing a shoe heel, you'll know who did it. Because I'm not going to stop wearing the pants. No. They make my ass look too fine. But please, make sure whoever finds me there checks the label in front of everyone before carting me off to my final resting place.

7 pipers piping:

daisy said...

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the sexy pants are not trying to kill you, but are, instead, trying to prevent you from walking around wearing pink eyeshadow?

(As I type this, I realize that perhaps I haven't seen you recently enough to be quite so smarmy. But if anyone's going to appreciate my sarcasm, it'd be you, right?! RIGHT?!)

penelope said...

Those are totally spa pants. And you don't even need to go outside for a break and slip on the ice! The pants do it all for you.

Patsy would be so proud.

ashley said...

This post reminds me of that crazy character Sherri O'Terri used to play on SNL that was always cracked-out and wearing her makeup in the wrong place.

I could be your Professor said...

So who makes these pants? The world deserves to be warned.

In addition, do not wear them under your wedding dress unless your goal is to be an America's Funniest Home Videos cliche.

mendacious said...

heh. spa pants. i used to have those in highschool and college. while running mirthly on the sand i bit it like 3x. damn cuffs. i feel your pain. who knew the big toe could bring you down. but it does.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, last year I dreamed my favorite sweater "turned against me." This is written in my notebook. As I recall, it started making a crackling noise on its own, and sliding off my bed.

ONLY A DREAM!!!

Anonymous said...

I, too, have devil-sent spa pants that I used to wear to work (before my baby bump got to big for them)...and they have made me trip numerous times. One big time I fell down the stairs at BMW and crashed into a guy at the bottom of the stairs. Man, not only did that hurt, but my high heels came flying off.

It's just damn dangerous being a woman in a world of evil pants and heels...but I cannot resist them!