Monday, June 11, 2007

Call me



After two years of carrying Big Blue, I finally broke down and got me the kick-assiest new phone. Which is pink! Which I can't decide if that's acceptable or not.

I also got my own Bluetooth headset, which again, not sure about the acceptability of. I do feel like sort of a jackass wearing it. But if it means I can make a salad while talking on the phone and not worrying about slicing through the hands-free cord with my mondo giant vegetable knife (yes, I know I'm supposed to use the paring knife, but it just seems so weenie), then I'm all for it.

Since no one ever actually calls me except for Ashley, Megan, Marita and Kelly, I haven't had much of a chance to actually use the phone yet. But this has not deterred me from filling it to bursting with sweet-ass new ringtones, because yes, I am, unabashedly, one of those assholes that has annoying ringtones. But my phone plays "The Impression That I Get" when calls are received from people without caller ID!

I can even assign ringtones to specific people-- Ashley, for instance, has been assigned "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter (which replaces her ringer on my old phone, Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough").

So if you act now, and tell me what ringtone you want, I will totally download it and assign it to you, depending, of course, if I actually have your telephone number. However, you will then be obligated to call me, because otherwise I will never hear my sweet, sweet ringtones in action.

Oh, my God, I sound like such a douche.

But, on a side note, I can tell you that Ben got an even cooler phone than me-- one that he can watch TV on. But it's not pink. And it doesn't play "The Impression That I Get." So I still think mine is better.

3 pipers piping:

ashley said...

Dude, I hope Ben calls you sometimes, too. ;)

penelope said...

I think pink phones are neato.

daisy said...

I've always thought that if my phone were only pink, I'd be a happier person. Sadly, I am not joking. Even the fact that my ring tone is Paris Hilton's "Stars are Blind" doesn't really make up for it's utterly boring silver tone.

Congrats!