Thursday, May 03, 2007

I don't know why, but I am totally, totally obsessed with uncovering the identity of the trombone commenter. And I feel the only way to do this is with a set of overly long lists.

The following is a list of every single person I know that plays the trombone (as far as I know):
  • My grandpa
  • My dad
  • My Aunt Emily
  • Cristin
  • Randy
  • Jordy
  • Travis
  • John
  • Justin
  • Dana
  • A different John
  • Eddie
  • Brian
  • Becca
  • Beth
  • Drew
  • Nathan
  • Kelly
  • Adam
  • Jared
  • Marty
  • Vern
  • Amy D.
  • Amy B. (for like 15 minutes)
  • Mike
  • Rich
  • Jena
  • Some other people in jazz ensemble that I totally forget right now
  • Hank
  • Dan
  • Yet another John

From this list, I can deduce that:

  1. I know A LOT of people who play the trombone.

  2. If your name is John, you are highly likely to learn to play the trombone.

  3. More dudes play trombone that girls.

  4. Of the nine girls on this list, one is my aunt who does not know of the existence of this blog (as far as I know), three likely don't remember that I exist, one only played trombone one in one concert, just to piss somebody off, and two have left comments under their own names, meaning they are not the person who left the comment on my trombone blog.

  5. This leaves only two choices (unless there is YET ANOTHER person out there who plays the trombone that I know and yet cannot name): Cristin, or Amy D.

Am I right? Did I do it? I would be so freaking proud of myself if I solved this. I would probably go around boasting of my Columbo-esque powers of deduction. Which is way hot.

Anyway, mystery trombonist, whoever you are, I'm really excited to find out your identity. And don't worry, I could never consider you a foe-- any trombonist is a friend of mine.

Which is sort of depressing, really.

10 pipers piping:

steph said...

wow! you know a LOT of trombone players...i think i only know about one or two, and those are the people from band.

i do know a lot of people that play recorder, for some reason.

mendacious said...

heh. wow. that's a lot of trumboune players. what's the universe trying to say exactly?

Anonymous said...

I'm just scared because I know so many of those people!

ashley said...

You acutally have the distinction of being the *only* person I know that plays trombone.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Yes!! That is quite impressive. Very Columbo-esque.

B said...

Trombone players are the best sorts of people. I'm kind of mad Kim isn't marrying one of them. We need to strengthen our stock in order to accomplish our final goal, which is to rule the world and especially marching bands...

penelope said...

I could combine all of the school bands I've ever been in, and still not come up with a list that long of Trombone Players I Know. That is freakishly impressive!

daisy said...

I am stupefied. Truly.

Anonymous said...

I don't see freaky bearded boy's name on this list. How can you forget him????

Kim said...

Oh, right. I forgot to add Mark, and That Guy Who Tucked His Sweater Into His Pants.