Thursday, April 26, 2007

The ups and downs of Wednesday

Down: A water main exploded in front of our house yesterday morning:



Note! In this next picture, you can see our garbage cans! And also, the box for the fan we bought the other day to fight the stifling heat in our attic bedroom:



See them there, right on the left edge of the picture? Our garbage is famous! Fortunately, the water was turned back on by the evening, so except for some occasional but very scary air bubbles that cause the water to shoot out in all directions at a very high power, everything is better. As for the street crater, it has been filled with dirt, which immediately became mud, as the entire road was flooded. Thus, I am a very muddy person. BUT! I can easily shower, so it's all good.

Up: Later that same evening, I got to go to the Cavs playoff game with my mom! Other than the fact that we were seated next to an extremely drunk woman, and a Dude Who Would Not Cheer, No Matter What, we had an awesome time.


As you can see from my hat, I am a Witness. Rise up!

Even better-- I won the chance to buy tickets to game C (for those of you not from Cleveland, I'll explain-- tickets to the Cavs are so in demand that you have to enter a lottery just to be allowed to BUY them), so I might be going again-- there's a chance I might have to miss it for Amy's birthday (GO AMY!), but if not, I will totally be there again, representing in my Witness hat and Lebron jersey.

I bet you never thought I'd be a jersey owner. But I showed you-- I showed you all!

2 pipers piping:

bluesky said...

hello,hope to make friend with you ,wish you a good day~

bluesky said...

even though i study english hard,i can't understand the culture and what the words really mean!i really how to get closer to the english ,like my native language