Monday, April 16, 2007

Today at the post office, I saw a guy that I was almost positive that I went to high school with.

This is always highly exciting to me, because I never see people out in public that I know. Other people that I know are always running into each other in the biggest, most crowded places-- Jacobs Field, The Q, effing Christina Aquilera concerts. But in the two years that I have lived in Euclid, I have never seen my neighbors outside of the confines of our street, ever. This one time? Ben and I saw our neighbor's truck at the grocery store, and I almost made him go back in with me so I could force a surprise meeting with him.

So I was understandably excited to see this possible Aurora High School class of 1997 graduate. Never mind that I don't think we had ever actually spoken to each other, or really knew of each other's existence except that our names were relatively close (but not even really that close) in alphabetical order.

Anyway, I pointed him out to Marita, who immediately began trying to get me to go over and say hi. But I couldn't, because

a) It probably wasn't him, although it did look exactly like him; why would he be at the Seven Hills post office at one thirty on a Monday?

b) Even if it was him, what was I supposed to do, go over and be like, "Hey, Todd, I don't know if you remember me, but I think we went to high school together. Don't worry, you don't even have to pretend to be interested in my boring life since graduation-- I just wanted a quick confirmation that you are who I thought you were, so that I can remember this as 'That one time I ran into Todd in the post office.'"

So I never did go over. If it was really you, Todd, I'm sorry I ignored you. But if it wasn't Todd, then there is a total Guy Who Looks Just Like Todd with a lot of shit to mail in the Seven Hills area.

0 pipers piping: