Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's my sports team, and I'll cry if I want to.


I totally just wept openly as the Cavs won their first playoff game. And it's not even like it was close, they won by like 17 points.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I the only one? Because I mean, I don't just cry about the Cavs. I cry at every single sports-related movie. Once, I cried while watching I Love the Eighties, because they showed footage of that one Olympic hockey game. I don't even know what the significance of that game is, or even care remotely about hockey, but I totally cried about it, like a lot.

In fact, I would wager that apart from animal movies, sports movies make me cry the most. And I was never even on a sports team, unless you count the Aurora High School Marching Band or the Quiz Bowl team, which I am sure you do not.

I really need to get this Sports Crying under control, before I head to the Q for game two on Wednesday. With my mom. Which is hot.

2 pipers piping:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Would Freud say you have repressed feelings of inadequacy for not participating in sports earlier and that they are manifesting themselves at sporting related entertainment? Or then again, maybe it was something you ate...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's my super, deep-dark secret. Sports movies get me extremely emotional. In particular, boxing really does it for me. There are very few boxing films that I can make it through without at least some silent tears. This phenomenon completely vexed my fincee when, while watching Rocky III, I started sobbing and my only words of explanation went something like, "man, Micky was a hell of a guy" through the tears. It was the first time she ever saw me cry, and there have been much more appropriate moments in our relationship for that particular first. The same goes for almost every boxing movie I've ever seen. If you'd like some extreme practice Kim, I recommend renting The Champ. If you can make it through that movie without crying you are either cured or have lost your soul.