Monday, December 04, 2006

I cannot be stopped



I will bring Christmas cheer no matter what, at the cost of the well-being of all those around me, as well as those brave knick-knacks who sacrificed their prime places on the entertainment center and writing desk to make room for Christmas Cheer in the form of Yukon Cornelius and Hermey bobbleheads, as well as other Christmas paraphernalia (mostly purchased at Marc's).

Above is our tree, which, while the picture is small, you can probably tell is decorated in 95% cartoon character theme (Patrick Starr being the most prominently featured, for some bizarre reason). This was the first year that we even had enough ornaments to do the back of the tree, which we usually neglect because it is not easily visible.

The rest of the house, also not pictured, is similarly Christmas-laden, and officially ready for the full-on, practically disgusting Christmas obsessiveness I bring out every year around this time.

I don't know why I do this, but I always have, ever since I was on my own, starting with a one-foot tree I purchased at AC Moore my first year in Wilmington, after my roommate took the TV and couch (but before I set the kitchen on fire). I think it's because I was one of those kids-- unless we're all one of those kids, and I just assumed I was overly Christmas obsessed-- who so fanatically waited for Christmas, and was sad to see that feeling inevitably wane as I got older.

But with the presence of Rudolph-themed bobbleheads, the Christmas spirit is alive and well. And bobbling.


(I know these aren't the aforementioned bobbleheads. But I believe this to be the most sickeningly cute ornament ever-- my mom made it for us.)

3 pipers piping:

ashley said...

Can I come to your house for Christmas? And those gingerbreads are so cute, I can't even say something snarky about them.

Matt said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS. Last night Emery stood staring at the television, wondering what in the hell had invaded his Blues Clues and Baby Einstein. It was Rudolph Saves New Year's, or whatever the hell the title it. I think he was frightened, but then again, he is deathly afraid of those animatronic Santa Clauses that sing and dance, as well as the giant inflatable snow globes that have various Christmas scenes inside.

penelope said...

OMG, I love the blogger Christmas colors! I love the tree! Love the gingerbread ornaments! Love HERMEY!!! (I've been meaning to comment on that for the past few posts.)

I considered Christmassing (Mis)Adventures, but imagining mendacious' cyber-sneer stopped me cold. Maybe next year just for kicks, hmmmm.